Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why Are You Taking This Class Anyway????

I'm about halfway through my Nursing Assistant class now. Yay!!!! It's almost over!

Every day, we team up with a partner to practice skills. You know, turning people, washing them, making the beds, stuff like that. On the second day of class I had someone tell me that they truly hated the idea of having to deal with urine and feces. Personally, I wouldn't want to play in the stuff, but it's one of those facts of life. People poop. People pee. If someone can't clean themselves, SOMEONE has to do it for them. She also didn't want to deal with old people.

The next day I was partnered with someone who is foot phobic. She hates touching any ones feet. And she wants to be a LPN. Most LPNS work in nursing homes. Most of them touch feet.

The day after that I was partnered with someone who didn't want to look at genitals. She's planning on becoming a nurse too. Thankfully, we don't have to look at each others genitals, but we have to go to clinical to pass the class. At clinical, we'll be taking care of real people, with real genitalia. I think she's SOL.

I wonder who I'll wind up with tomorrow?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home