Monday, October 30, 2006

It's Been A Long Day

Rob was saying that when you're in a hospital, eight hours can seem like sixteen. Also, Halloween decorations in the ICU can seem a little morbid. All those ghosts and skeletons and things.... It just don't seem right.

My Grandpa isn't doing so well. I guess that instead of just having lung cancer he now has a brain tumor and a blood clot in his lung. Unless they want to have radiation or surgery, he might have about a week left. Of course, they gave him six months two years ago, so who knows. Even if they give him the radiation for the brain tumor, it would only give him another month or so, and that would be in a nursing home. He didn't like that idea much. It was kind of crappy watching my Mom and aunt try to decide how my Grandpa should die. At this point, it looks like they're going for the natural, less painful (for him) option.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2005/06/26/news/metro/ee104b0f623111728625702b004320af.txt

That's a link to a newspaper article in the Iowa paper. He was very happy when that was written.

Maybe I'll write more later.

2 Comments:

Blogger KinnicChick said...

If you don't mind, Amy, I'd like to add your Grandpa to my inspiration list. I'm not doing a lot of running/walking for people right now, but this is one of the ways I earn my funds/donations for the local Relay For Life - running. The more people I can run FOR, the better it is for me... keeps it right there for me so I can keep going.

I'm really sorry to hear about it. It's such a horrible disease. :( Hugs to you.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kathy Howe said...

Oh Amy...I'm so sorry to read this.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home